Carol has been recognized in other ways as well, being named a Fellow of the Society for Technical Communication, recipient of the Rainey Award for Research, and the Gould Award for Excellence in Teaching. IEEE Professional Communication Society has honored her with the 2013 Blicq Award for Distinction in Technical Communication Education. Also in 2013, Carol was named one of the Top 20 Women Professors in Georgia.
Carol’s background, experience, and accomplishments include:
- Director and Co-Founder, The Usability Center @ Southern Polytechnic working with clients on a host of projects and platforms for two decades
- Professor Emeritus and Director of Graduate Programs in Information Design and Communication, creating and teaching graduate courses in usability testing, information design, marketing communication, and global communication strategies
- Trainer in UX methods and technical and professional communication, customizing content to match client needs and products, with delivery in live and elearning formats
- UX Pioneers—a website devoted to showcasing the UX movers and shakers in the profession
- Award-winning author and speaker—with invitations to keynote at conferences and seminars world-wide
- Contributor, Board member—“Ask UX,” regular column in UX Matters; founding editorial board member and reviewer, Journal of Usability Studies